(Reports to: Human Resources Officer)
This position calls for the highest level of confidentiality and efficiency. The successful candidate must be a team player and will be required to perform a wide variety of secretarial responsibilities and complex tasks under general supervision. The candidate should have excellent people service skills and be highly organized with an eye for detail.
The candidate will be responsible for promptly directing calls to the respective personnel and delivering messages in a timely manner. The successful candidate is also required to be knowledgeable of the company’s products and services and must have the ability to professionally interface with all clients either in person or via the telephone.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform administrative, secretarial and clerical duties as required in support of the company’s service delivery and make recommendations for improvements in workflow, procedures and use of equipment and forms.
- Be responsible for professionally operating a variety of office equipment including a switchboard, copiers, facsimile machine and computer.
- Be responsible for filing in a systematic manner all correspondence received and those generated by the managers/staff for the float file.
- Create, organize and maintain database for all external documentation clearly showing those items to be hand delivered and those that are to be mailed.
- Ensure that all mail received electronically or via hard copy is promptly opened, logged and placed in the circulating folder and a copy immediately given to the individual to whom it is addressed.
- Be responsible for ensuring that each day’s mail is circulated to the Management team for signature and returned to reception for distribution to respective departments.
- Ensure that all messages left for personnel are legibly written and all details carefully taken and where possible delivered promptly to the employee.
- Be responsible for the day to day activities of the Clerk Courier as it relates to the delivery and collection of mail/materials.
- Be responsible for ensuring that the Insurance and Road Tax on the company’s vehicles are up to date and that those persons using the vehicles always have valid driver’s licenses.
- In conjunction with the Clerk/Courier ensure that the necessary services for the company’s vehicles are scheduled.
- As requested and with the consent of management provide general information and/ or forms, brochures to the public as required.
- Be solely responsible for receiving, verifying and logging all payments received for upcoming or previously hosted functions ensuring that the correct receipt is issued for the amount received.
- Ensure that when issuing receipts that the contract number and name of the function for which payment is being made is correct by checking the booking in the company’s reservation system or speaking to the Sales & Marketing department.
- Ensure that all signed BCSL contracts received, are placed in the Sales & Marketing Department’s folder for collection by Sales personnel.
- Ensure that at the end of each day all payments received are inputted on the cheque/cash transmittal form and balanced against the receipts issued.
- Ensure that all cheque/cash transmittal forms are passed to the accounts department at the end of each day and the contents verified in your presence and signed off as correct by the receiving accounts officer.
- Review the mail delivery book of the Clerk/Courier daily to ensure and verify that all documents given were delivered and signed for by the client.
- On a daily basis be responsible for ensuring that the photocopying and fax machines are replenished with paper to ensure adequate quantities are on hand.
- Provide quarterly reports on inventory on hand at Reception.
- Provide administrative and clerical support to the Sales and Operations departments as required.
- On a weekly basis review stock supplies held and as needed prepare a stock requisition form for stationery supplies for review by the Human Resources Manager.
- Ensure on a daily basis that the coffee station is replenished.
- Perform all other related duties as may be assigned by management.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- A working knowledge of office practices, and the ability to type at a rate of 45 net words per minute.
- The ability to operate related office equipment, including computer, fax and photocopying machine.
- A detailed understanding of, word processing, data entry, access database and/or standard report generation.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Windows XP, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Methods and techniques for record keeping and the ability to effectively communicate proper usage of the English language both verbally and in writing.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Be a team player is critical.
- Work extended hours under varying schedules and meet rigid deadlines.
- Plan administrative duties and be a good time manager.
- Be creative, energetic, innovative and to multi-task.
- Actively listen and assimilate information quickly.
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than February, 5th 2024 and addressed to :
Human Resources Manager
Barbados Conference Services Limited
Lloyd Erskine Sandiford Centre
Two Mile Hill